I’ve had so many other projects I needed to finish first that I only got around to starting these recently. I’m furiously stitching away at an attempt to finish a third flash card before the deadline tomorrow, we’ll see what happens with that. But here are the two I have finished.
I knew I wanted to do a science theme and immediately started brainstorming options. I almost did E for electron and M for molecule, but in the end space won. I absolutely love how these turned out. Josh made the patterns for me and did such an awesome job. I plan on eventually completing the whole set, I’ve already started making a list of the words I want for each letter.
Each card is 5×7″ and done on 14ct black Aida. The text is done with metallic Kreinik thread. I love the subtlety of the metallic for these, they are shiny without being distracting. They add just the right amount of shine for a spacey flash card.
The blue thread on the eclipse card was the #4 fine thread and the meteor cars was the #8 very fine. Even though the very fine still felt strong and substantial, I think I preferred working with the slightly thicker. I am so thrilled with how these turned out and hopefully I’ll finish the third entry in time!