I’ve only had my new sewing machine a little over a month and I’ve already sewn more than I did in the past year.
I’ve been playing around with doing strip patchwork and I’m thinking it would be fun to make an entire quilt of long horizontal strips. I like doing the strips because there aren’t any corners to match up.
Mollie had made this triangle pouch as part of her Studio Ghibli swap package and I thought it was adorable. It seemed like the perfect project for this. My original plan was to make a rainbow one but I didn’t look at the dimensions until I had already sewn too many together. So instead of one rainbow one, I ended up with two partial rainbows.
Zippers still aren’t my forte but I am getting better. Lined pouches tend to confuse me but I also think I’m getting the hang of those as well, I didn’t have to take the seam ripper to this project at all! I did have a bit of a hard time wrapping my brain around the construction of this triangle pouch, but once I figured it out I was able to make the second one extremely quickly. It’s a really fun little project and I love how they turned out!