When I set the 2015 goal to finish some WIPs, I put together a list and set a loose goal to finish one project a month. These are separate from other projects I plan on starting in 2015, these are all ones I worked on and then abandoned before finishing them and have been sitting around for quite awhile.
I had almost half of the blocks done and then I just kind of fizzled out. I found these patterns extremely challenging to work on and always ended up having to pick out stitches. There are a lot of half and quarter stitches which I have never done before, and that just kept tripping me up. I finally picked it back up and was determined to finish it and I was able to do it in a couple weeks.
I haven’t decided yet what I’m going to do with it so right now it’s in the pile with all my other cross stitches and projects that I’ve finished but haven’t hung up or framed. Maybe that should have been part of the goal…
As many issues as I ran into with this, I still am really pleased with it and love how it turned out. It is a great design, the patterns are available for free from Little Miss Shabby.